Whether you are planning to structure your new home or restructure the existing one, choosing the right kind of roof matters a lot. The precise decision not just gives a desirable shape and appeal to the house, but it is one of the major factors which determines the lifespan and durability of the overall structure. Be it your home or shed, always consider all the alternatives available in front of you provided by any credible roofing company.
Angled roof, or generalized as a pitched roof, comes in numerous styles like a cross gale, gable, and hipped each of which is inclined or sloped to different degrees. On the other side, the flat roofs contain no slope and can be seen in varieties like single ply, built up, and in the sprayed polyurethane foam designs. But usually, people get confused while choosing the right kind of roof for them. Here, in this write-up, we have come up with some great benefits of angles roof as well as the flat roof which will are recommended by professional roofing contractor, and this will help you in making the right decision.
Advantages served by flat roofing
As the name itself defines, flat roofing doesn’t possess any kind of slopes and is not inclined to any specific degree or direction. Such roofs are largely seen across houses, sheds and even at some of the commercial spaces. Here are some of the major factors which differentiate flat roofing from angled one, in terms of advantages.
- Design– the design of flat roofs as recommended by roofing contractors is based completely upon the choice of structure. They are more often seen fitted across smaller structures like extensions and the garages. Flat roofing comes with a horizontal base which is usually fixed up to the ceiling joins underneath by the help of a waterproof membrane that is applied on the top. Another major thing which highlights its design is that flat roofs are created so as to hold the standing water up to some degree. However, a slight angle of just a few degrees can be incorporated to let the rainwater drain away in a hopper.
- Materials– in traditional times, experienced roofing companies, use to construct the flat roofs from asphalt or 3 plies modified bitumen. It also contained a thin layer of gravel so as to protect the roof from the harsh and harmful effects of sun’s UV rays. However, if you look today and increasingly popular design is the Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer, which is a 3mm thick membrane, made of rubber. It can be applied seamlessly in one piece and provides a prolific lifespan of about more than 40 years.
- Costing- things which provide high quality and fall under your budget, usually attract a lot of your senses. Thus, this is one amazing fact about flat roofing. Roofing Contractor also suggests this as it is a much affordable option that arrives at the point of construction and it involves comparatively fewer materials and labor than what is needed within the angled roof. Even when you want certain changes or replacement in the roof, it can be easily done right within a day without leading to much time and money consumption.
Advantages served by angled (pitched) roofing
- Loft space- the design of angled roofs is quite smart and advantageous. Such roofing contains a minimum of two slopes which rise to meet up at peak. They are created in such a way that it provides plenty of usable space within the loft area, either as an additional living space or as a much-required storage area, playroom or study room. While the sloped roof or the angled ones are designed, any planned and prepared usage of this area can be taken under consideration. Thus, the pitched roof provides you with huge flexibility which you will not experience while installing a flat roof.
- Durability and lifespan– any roofer which installs the angled roof, generally delivers exceptional benefits and qualities. Such roof type is certainly the one which offers a longer lifespan when compared with a flat one. It is eventually made of such materials which are weather resistant and durable as well. The structure is even useful to the interiors as it provides effective insulation on the inner area as well. You will never have to suffer from the harsh extreme weather outside, which usually afflict the rooms under flat roofs.
- Natural and aesthetic fitting– while installing the angled roofs, your whole building becomes much effectively blended with the rest of the property in a situation of any extension. Not just this, but it also fits well aesthetically and structurally with the neighboring buildings, that helps you to retain the innate quality of individuality and character. It keeps away the unwanted external harms and keeps the roof secured for a prolonged period.
These were the pros of angled and flat roofs, which make them stand out from the crowd. Whichever roof you choose, depicts great features and qualities. However, nothing can be kept for long without proper maintenance. While the angled roofs turn out more difficult to be cleaned because of the slope, the flat ones need huge maintenance throughout the life of the roof. The drainage part within flat roofs is not as effective as the one found in angled roofs, thus, most of the contractors usually suggest to have a flat roof with at least a little slope.
Both angled as well as the flat roof, comes with certain advantages which can make your whole building beautiful, appealing and strong from the core. However, the right decision is in your hands. With professional roofing company and roofing contractors, now coming up, the task of installing a new roof has become even more easy and comforting. You just have to make the right pick and your work is done! In fact, such service providers are now operating online and geographically available just a call away. So, after knowing the benefits of both the roofs, I am sure that you will definitely make the right selection.
For more roofer marketing leads contact Roofer Elite today!